|Stellar photography skills, I know. I'm working on it, I promise!|
On the menu?
- Grilled teriyaki shrimp
- Grilled bok choy
- Sesame-soy soba noodles (because clearly I like alliteration with the letter "s")
To be quite honest, the shrimp and bok choy hardly required a recipe. That's the beauty of grilling -- you don't need to do much to make your food taste great! But the soba noodles did require a bit more thought, so I figured that's the recipe I'll share with you all today :)
Sesame-Soy Soba Noodles
Gluten-free, low-fat, and vegan...what more could you ask for?
For the noodles:
- 1 package of 100% buckwheat Soba Noodles (I used Eden Organics)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 large cucumber, finely diced
- 2 T sesame seeds, toasted (just heat in a heavy duty pan over low heat until seeds begin to LIGHTLY brown)
- 3/4 c shelled edamame
For the dressing:
- 1 T peeled and grated fresh ginger root
- 4 T rice vinegar
- 1.5 T Asian sesame oil
- 3 T soy sauce
- 1-2 T minced garlic (I used 2, but my family LOVES garlic)
- a pinch of sugar (helps round out the flavor)
- salt to taste
Cook soba noodles according to package directions (Be careful not to overcook! Soba cooks quickly). Drain and rinse under cold running water. Transfer to large serving bowl.
Combine dressing ingredients. Whisk with fork until evenly incorporated.
Add dressing, vegetables, and edamame to noodles. Toss well.
Cover with foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate, at least 1 hour, and up to 5 hours (this helps the noodles to absorb the flavor).
Serve and enjoy!
|I promise it tastes better than it looks!|